Thursday, April 21, 2016

God and Belief

What is God? A disciple asked one day.
God is merely a belief. Master replied. God exists as long as we believe, as long as our faith stands. God is true and real because we humans want to believe in this reality in the presence of a superior being.God has significance only subjectively. Objectively we don't need God. 

Where does God live? Another disciple asked.
Everywhere and nowhere. Master replied. With belief within us we can find divinity and beauty everywhere and not only in temples, mosques, churches or synagogues. For the belief of God doesn’t live in places of worship or places we name as holy or in some shrines. Such places are only reflections of our belief that resides within us. Architectural opulence or materialistic grandeur doesn’t depict or represent or signify the might or veracity of God. It’s the depth and strength of our belief that does.  

Why do we have so many different Gods? Yet another asked.
Master laughed heartily for a moment, this is the easiest to comprehend. My friends, in our world of 7 billion people, not even two people look the same or identical though we all are similar. And since what God to each one of us is our own belief’s reflection, it is like seeing your own reflection upon the same water of belief, yet seeing your own reflection, which is unique from all the others. So no matter how many people are watching their own reflection upon the water (which is the religion), he or she will only see his / her own reflection therefore a different God. No two gods can be the same since no two reflections from two different people can be the same. Yet to the same individual there can be different Gods just like our own reflection can change due to the quality and capacity of the reflective surface, the time of the day, the light conditions and most importantly upon the clarity of our very own vision.

How do you view your God? I asked the Master.

I am quite like you my son, the Master patted my back. I find my reflection within nature in the mountains, forests, oceans and the sky above. These are diverse forms of nature yet universal and boundless all over the planet. Since they are not reflective surfaces I don’t see myself, instead I see them and they are my Gods. And I believe in them because I can see them touch them seek nourishment from them and find them wherever I go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment