Wednesday, October 19, 2016

How deep is the Ocean

 One day a beautiful girl visited the Master and asked: I love this young man so, but I don’t know how deep his love is and I am scared.

The Master smiled: my child if you wish to know the depth of the ocean you must have the courage to dive in and find out for yourself for even the ocean does not know how deep it is. Do not ask the ocean how deep it is, he will not know. Sitting in the safety of the shore you will never know how deep your ocean is. So go ahead and jump in.

But I am scared, she mumbled.

Of what! Of drowning or of finding out that it is not as deep as you wish it to be or much deeper than you can ever fathom? Master plodded.

I don’t know, I am just scared. And Master said: A heart full of fear will never live, my child, a heart afraid of hurting will never love, a heart treading cautiously will never know the tempest that can rage within its soul.


Only when you are open to being rejected will you be accepted, only when you lay yourself bare to sadness that happiness will embrace you and only when you are willing to drown will you find the depth of the ocean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment