Thursday, October 20, 2016

Look where the light is

One day a man came to meet the Master, who was busy sweeping the ground outside his tiny mountain hut. What are you doing, Master? The man asked. Nothing, Master replied.

But you are doing something I can see. The man insisted
I am not doing anything but if you insist then I am looking for something. Master said.

What are you looking for? The man now asked bewildered.
Absolutely nothing. Master replied.

But you just said that you are looking for something!
Well, I am not really looking for anything but if you insist then I am looking for my pen.

Where did you lose your pen? The man continued his query.
I didn’t lose my pen anywhere. Master said.

But you just now said that you are looking for your pen! The man countered, now totally baffled.
Well my friend I didn’t lose my pen anywhere but if you insist then I lost my pen inside my hut.

Then why on earth are you looking for the lost pen outside here? You should look for it inside. The man was sure that the Master has finally lost his mind.


Master finally stopped sweeping and looked up: because light is here outside my friend while inside it is dark and I don’t see well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment