Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Crossing the River

Once I walked with Master along a wild river that rushed from the cold mountains into the sweltering valleys. At one point a much harassed looking man crossed us. He asked: is there a bridge to cross this river, I have been trying to find one for hours.

My friend is it necessary to cross this river? Master said, there are opportunities on this side too you can look for since you have already crossed over to this side.

No I must cross the river. The man insisted. Master replied thoughtfully: well there must be a bridge somewhere if you keep walking but it may take you very far from what you seek on the other side, after all this is a very long river.

That is true. The man agreed now.


Master now chuckled and said: but my friend is a bridge the only way to cross the river! 

1 comment: